Applications are invited for a 2 years fixed term Postdoctoral fellowship in Statistics in the School of Mathematics and Statistics. Applicants should have a PhD in Statistics with research skills and knowledge in cluster analysis, generalized linear models, and computationally intensive methods such as the EM algorithm, and Bayesian methods. The postdoctoral fellow will work closely with A/Profs Ivy Liu and Richard Arnold to support their Marsden grant in the area of dimension reduction for mixed type multivariate data.
The key responsibilities will be:
– Collaborate with Associate Professors Ivy Liu and Richard Arnold in
• Bayesian statistics
• Biometrics, Classification analysis
• Categorical data analysis
• Finite mixture models
• Model assessment.
– Deliver seminars and written papers on the outcomes of this research.
– Collaborate with other groups on similar research.
– Build an excellent personal research profile, with publications in internationally refereed journals and conference proceedings.
-Undertake limited teaching of undergraduate and/or postgraduate statistics courses as agreed with the Programme Director.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow in Statistics is located with the School of Mathematics and Statistics, Science Faculty, which develops and delivers research in specialists’ areas such as mathematics and statistics.
We also offer all levels of mathematics and statistics teaching and learning
For further information, please email A/Prof Ivy Liu – Ivy.Liu@vuw.ac.nz.
To apply, please visit https://www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies; Vacancy Reference 1810
Closing application date: 16-Nov-2017.