The Asian Regional Section (ARS) of the IASC has its own Statute, Board of Directors and Officers. It is composed of the members of the IASC residing in Asia. It is responsible for the organization of activities and events such as ARS Conferences on Statistical Computing. The East Asian Regional Section (EARS) was established by the Council in accordance with art. 12 of the IASC Statutes in1993. In 1998, the name was changed to the Asian Regional Section (ARS). To achieve its mission, the IASC-ARS will:
- organize international or regional seminars, conferences, meetings. In particular, the ARS shall be responsible for arranging Asian meetings on computational statistics, which are abbreviated to IascAsian meetings hereafter;
- promote research and training programmes on theoretical and practical aspects of computational statistics;
- foster evaluations of statistical computing techniques and programs;
- publish scientific periodicals and books, reports and newsletters, independently or in cooperation with other organizations;
- collaborate with other bodies having similar objectives.