The 2019 edition of the IASC organised conference on Data Science, Statistics, and Visualisation (DSSV 2019 – see https://iasc-isi.org/dssv2019/) took place on August 13-15, 2019, at Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan, as a satellite meeting of the 62nd ISI World Statistics Congress. In the closing session, three Outstanding Poster Awards and two Outstanding Student Poster Awards were given to five poster presenters as follows:
The Outstanding Poster Award, The First Prize, is given to the two presenters,
- Masamichi Ito (Osaka University, Japan) [shown on the right] for his paper “Uniqueness-dissociated Factor Analysis Modified for Providing Sparse Loadings and Extended Common Factors”.
- Yoshihiro Hirose (Hokkaido University, Japan) [shown in the center] for his paper “LARS-type Estimation Procedure for Generalized Linear Models”
The Outstanding Poster Award, The Third Prize, is given to
- Yunchan Chi (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan) for her paper “Confidence Bands for Quantile Residual Life Function with Clustered Survival Data”
The Outstanding Student Poster Award, The First Prize, is given to
- Yuki Morioka (Doshisha University, Japan) for his paper “Mixtures of Probabilistic Principal Component Analysis for NMAR Missing Data”
The Outstanding Student Poster Award, The Second Prize, is given to
- Danilo Guimarães Gonçalves (Hokkaido University, Japan) for his paper “A Geometric Estimation Method for Autoregressive Models”
The awards were presented to the winners by Patrick Groenen, the 2017-2019 IASC Past-President and a member of the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) [shown with the Outstanding Poster Award winners] and Kohei Adachi, the Chair of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) and a member of the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) [shown with the Outstanding Student Poster Award winners].