“Computational Statistics and Data Mining for Knowledge Discovery”
In order to enhance the IASC-ISI community role in the challenges of the Knowledge Society, the IASC Council established a special committee on “Computational Statistics and Data Mining for Knowledge Discovery” (CS-DM&KD).
It will provide an important new forum to promote cross-disciplinary discussions and research in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, based on a Computational Statistics framework.
IASC, ISI, and Associations members are entitled to participate in the activities promoted by the CS-DM&KD Committee. Contributions to the CS-DM&KD Committee activities by members of other scientific societies are welcome.
The by-laws of the CS-DM&KD Committee were accepted on 18 April 2012.
The CS-DM&KD Committee has been chaired by:
- Carlo Lauro, (Italy), in the period 2011-13.
- Fionn Murtagh (UK), in the period 2013-15.
Actual chair (2015-19)
- Ali Serhan Koyuncugi (Turkey).
Members of the CS-DM&KD Committee (2015-19)
- Karina Gibert (Spain)
- David J. Hand (London)
- Dušan Húsek (Czech Republic)
- Ali Serhan Koyuncugil (Chair) (Turkey)
- Carlo Lauro (Past Chair, 2011-13) (Italy)
- Masahiro Mizuta (Japan)
- Fionn Murtagh (Past Chair, 2013-15) (UK)
- Joyce Niland (USA)
- Mireille Summa (France)
- Djamel A. Zighed (France)
- Patrick J.F. Groenen (Ex officio) (The Netherlands)
Officers of the CS-DM&KD Committee
- Ali Serhan Koyuncugil (Chair for the period 2015-2019) (Turkey)
- Fionn Murtagh (Scientific Secretary for the period 2015-2019), Past Chair for the period 2013-2015 (UK)
- Carlo Lauro – Committee Chair for the period 2011-2013 (Previous Past Chair) (Italy)