Leading a team of 30 people in the IEA Energy Data Center (EDC), the Chief Statistician will report to the Deputy Executive Director and be part of the Executive Director’s senior managment team. The individual will define and implement strategies for collecting, processing and disseminating a wide range of energy data and statistics. The role will enhance market transparency, support quantiative analysis and other Agency work on member and non-member countries and inform a world-wide public through printed and electronic publications. The Chief Statistician is the Agency’s principal representative in other international bodies concerned with statistics and will co-ordinate with them on statistical policy issues.
- Advanced university degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, econometrics or statistics.
- Extensive senior-level experience in data collection and the production/presentation of energy statistics with demonstrated analytical ability to define and develop statistical methods, standards, classifications, and systems.
- A thorough understanding of international statistical systems and of the challenges faced in the collection, processing and dissemination of data coming from a wide range of sources in a variety of formats, as well as of the issues of international comparability.
- A sound knowledge of energy and energy related issues.
- Proven track record in conducting relations at a senior level within a political decision-making environment. A demonstrated ability to engage at a senior level with key IEA non-Member countries.
- Extensive experience in managing and motivating high performing, multidisciplinary and multinational teams and developing people and policy programmes, as demonstrated through progressive and increasingly high level management responsibilities and management training.
In the first instance, interested individuals should send their resumes to Tom Vachear at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 25th, 2014.