Group Leader in Biostatistics and/or Systems Biology in Cancer Research, at the Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital (OUS), combined with a Professor position, Center for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Oslo (UiO).
Open call for a tenured group leader position in Biostatistics and/or Cancer Systems Biology. For qualified candidates the position can be combined with an adjunct professor position (20 %) at the Oslo Center for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Oslo.
Younger candidates, for whom the professor position would not yet be actual, are however also encouraged to apply, as they can qualify at later stage.
- PhD degree in statistics, data science, computer science mathematics or related fields with focus on cancer research
- Documented scientific qualifications at (or soon near) the professorial level
- Experience with and willingness to build an own research group and generate own funding
- Experience from development of statistical or mathematical models and computational tools for biomedical problems
- Experience from supervision at the MSc and PhD level
- Teaching skills and teaching experience is an advantage
- The successful candidate will be offered a permanent position.
- The position is included in the Norwegian Health Assurance and Retirement Pension Schemes.
- Salary will be within the official range at OUS for Group Leader positions depending on qualifications. The additional salary for the 20% professor position is funded by UiO.
For additional information please contact Head of Department of Cancer Genetics, Therese Sørlie, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the academic position – please contact the Director of OCBE, professor Arnoldo Frigessi, email@example.com