Group Leader in Biostatistics in Cancer Research, at the Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital (OUS), combined with a Professor position, Center for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Oslo (UiO).
Open call for a tenured group leader position in Biostatistics and/or Cancer Systems Biology. For qualified candidates the position can be combined with an adjunct professor position (20 %) at the Oslo Center for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Oslo.
Younger candidates, for whom the professor position would not yet be actual, are however also encouraged to apply, as they can qualify at later stage.
- PhD degree in statistics, data science, computer science mathematics or related fields with focus on cancer research
- Documented scientific qualifications at (or soon near) the professorial level
- Experience with and willingness to build an own research group and generate own funding
- Experience from development of statistical or mathematical models and computational tools for biomedical problems
- Experience from supervision at the MSc and PhD level
- Teaching skills and teaching experience is an advantage
- The successful candidate will be offered a permanent position.
- The position is included in the Norwegian Health Assurance and Retirement Pension Schemes.
- Excellent salary depending on qualifications.
For additional information please contact dr. Therese Sørlie, firstname.lastname@example.org or professor Arnoldo Frigessi, email@example.com