Date(s) - 27/09/2021 - 30/09/2021
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
2021 IASC-LARS Webinars on Computational Statistics and Data Science
The Latin American Regional Section of the International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC-LARS), the IASC-LARS School on Computational Statistics and Data Science, the International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC), and the International Statistical Institute (ISI) are pleased to invite postgraduate and undergraduate students to attend the IASC-LARS Webinar Courses. The course will be given in an English/Spanish hybrid format.
- “Machine Learning for Data Science”. The course will be taught by Professor Rodrigo Salas and Collaborators Marvin Querales and Ayleen Bertini from the Universidad de Valparaíso, Chile, and Javier Linkolk López from the Universidad Peruana Unión, Perú, September 27-30, 2021.
– Registration at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8858121286906434319
– DOWNLOAD (details): IASC-LARS Webinar Course Sept2021
- “Data Visualization: Theory and Applications”. The course will be taught by Dr. Natalia da Silva from the Universidad de la República, Uruguay, November 22-24, 2021.
– Registration at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1393724862580276494
– DOWNLOAD (details): IASC-LARS Webinar Course Nov2021
The IASC-LARS Courses aim (1) to spread the knowledge base and advances in Statistical Computing in Latin America and the world, (2) to provide an overview of the state-of-the-art of the ongoing research in computational statistics, (3) to provide an overall perspective of the application of computational statistics in data science problems, (4) to present applications where computational statistics have been crucial to solve problems in real-life applications, and (5) to increase the number of researchers and practitioners in computational statistics and data science.