Finscience is seeking a Research Data Scientist with a strong academic and/or professional track
record in machine learning and statistical Natural Language Processing (NLP).
The individual will join a team of researchers and software engineers and will develop
methodologies to extract useful information from a variety of data, both unstructured and
structured. This role will be mainly focused on building and implementing models and
methodologies for extracting information from a large amount of unstructured data by means of the
most advanced statistical NLP and machine learning techniques.
Finscience is a Milan based Fintech startup founded in March 2017. The mission of the company is
to provide alternative data analysis principally to corporate clients and to create a consistent
integration framework between financial and alternative data as a support tool for investment decisions.
• Research, development and implementation of NLP techniques (e.g. Named Entity Recognition, sentiment analysis of texts, etc.)
• Development of text extraction tools (e.g. scraping to extract the main contents of a web page)
• Writing code to gather and process large amount of raw data (e.g. web scraping, using third party API’s, SQL queries, etc.)
• MSc in a technical field (Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, etc.)
• A proven academic and/or professional experience in statistical NLP modelling
• PhD and a record of publishing in statistical NLP field is considered a strong plus
• Programming skills (Python, Java, Scala, Spark, etc.) enabling large datasets access, analysis and processing
• Being able to retrieve data stored in an environment accessible via SQL-like syntax and build simple ETL
• Experience with Google Cloud (Compute Engine, Big Query, TensorFlow, Big table, etc.) is considered a plus
• Experience with advanced machine learning algorithms (e.g. deep learning, etc.) is considered a plus
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
• Experience in presenting results in a clear and effective manner
• An advanced command of both written and oral English
How to apply:
Send both your Curriculum Vitae and your cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.