IASC-LARS BEST PAPER AWARD 2022
The Latin American Regional Section of the International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC-LARS) may award a Best Paper Award at the VI Latin American conferences on computational statistics (VI LACSC). The name of the award is “IASC-LARS Best Paper Award 2022 (IASC-LARS-BPA22)”.
Award process and prizes
1. The winner of the IASC-LARS-BPA22 will be awarded at the closing ceremony at LACSC 2022 (18th of March, 2022).
a. A certificate will be issued to the winner of the IASC-LARS-BPA22.
b. The winner of the IASC-LARS-BPA22 must provide (until 28th of March, 2022) a brief biographical sketch and good-quality photographs to be used in the advertising process.
2. The winner of the IASC-LARS-BPA22 will automatically become a regular member of the International Association for Statistical Computing for one year.
3. The winner of the IASC-LARS-BPA22 will receive a discount code for use in the ISI World Statistics Conference (WSC) Registration system.
4. The winner of the IASC-LARS-BPA22 will be announced in the WSC edition of the ISI & Associations Awards Brochure and for the WSC Awards Presentation.
To be eligible for the IASC-LARS-BPA22, the author
1. must be a young researcher, i.e., be a student or, in the case of having received a doctoral degree, it must have been granted within the last 5 years from the date of his/her application.
2. must have submitted a paper to the LACSC conference.
3. must have presented the paper at the LACSC conference.
4. must have submitted the corresponding application (deadline 15th of March, 2022-23:59 BRT time).
1. To apply for the IASC-LARS-BPA22, the applicant must
a. have received a cover motivation letter from the Selection Committee containing this advertisement.
b. attach a copy of the paper (extended abstract of 4 pages or preliminary version, in pdf format).
c. send all the corresponding information to the Chair of the Selection Committee, by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org including:
i. Subject of the e-mail: IASC-LARS-BPA22 applicant
ii. Name of the applicant (see Eligibility conditions)
iv. University or Institution
v. Country vi. Title of the paper
vii. Certificate of the acceptance of the paper for to be presented at “16th Brazilian Meeting of Bayesian Statistics and VI Latin American Conference on Statistical Computing”
viii. Paper (extended abstract of 4 pages or preliminary version, in pdf format).
The papers submitted to the IASC-LARS-BPA22 must be evaluated according to the following assessment criteria.
a) Technical excellence (weighting 40%)
● Rigorous development of mathematical and statistical theories, the use of computer applications and results.
b) Originality and innovation (weighting 25%)
● Proposal and/or use of new theories, methodologies, procedures, models, applications, creative solving problem approaches, novel empirical results.
c) Relevance and impact (weighting 25%)
● The proposals –theories and/or results– contribute to a body of knowledge developed by the scientific community in the area. The proposals allow the emergence of a completely new line of theoretical development, the verification of relevant empirical results, the development of applications in a variety of disciplines.
d) Clarity and organization (weighting 10%)
● Clarity and coherence in the exposition of theories, concepts, models, applications, results. Text quality and organization of the paper. Identification of the problem, methodology and solution.